Help with physics homework: inspiring tips to make physics interesting
For many students, the idea of physics homework is one met with frustration and sighs. It is not seen as a fun learning opportunity. Instead, it is viewed as a requirement, one which is often hand in hand with punishment from the teacher.
But this does not have to be the case. Homework offers a chance to prove your skills, to show to your family and teacher that you have mastered something. And homework can be fun too!
- Try and incorporate sensori-motor tricks. If you get restless when you do your homework, try and sit on an exercise ball while you do homework. Tie an exercise band around both your chair and your legs so that you can continually push and pull with your feet as you work. Try chewing gum as well. All of these things will help you to get out your fidgeting while still learning.
- Set a timer. If you have trouble focusing on your homework, set a time for a specific amount of time (say thirty minutes) and see how much of your work you can complete during that time frame. Once the timer goes off, you get to take a break. Conversely, you can set up an awards system where for every ten or twenty or thirty minutes of solid work, you earn a certain reward.
- Take breaks. Breaks are a necessary thing. They help your brain to avoid being overloaded. So take breaks in between milestones or after completing coursework for one class and before moving on to the other. Keep your breaks short, and perhaps even get a snack that is equal parts complex carbs, healthy fats, and protein. Having all three will satiate you longer, keep your blood sugar steady, and support brain power.
- You can make homework into a game and not have to endure the suffering of learning. Make flashcards and turn them into a fun game that you can play with friends or family.
- Make a productive work space. This should be a clean and comfortable homework area that is free from any distractions. Make sure your phones are off, the television is off, and perhaps even sit down with a cup of peppermint tea or with peppermint incense in the room. This helps to encourage brain power too and can make your physics homework more interesting.